I have been a PhD. Candidate in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign since 2016. I am working with Prof. Minh N. Do, in Coordinated Science Laboratory (CSL)'s Computational Imaging Group (CIG) and IBM's Center for Cognitive Computing Systems Research (C3SR).
My research interests include Action Detection and Recognition, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and Signal Processing.
ECE310 - Digital Signal Processing (Spring 2018, Fall 2018)
Current and Past Affiliations
Full publication list on Google Scholar.
- Michele Merler, Khoi-Nguyen C. Mac, Dhiraj Joshi, Quoc-Bao Nguyen, Stephen Hammer, John Kent, Jinjun Xiong, Minh N. Do, John R. Smith, Rogerio S. Feris, Automatic Curation of Sports Highlights using Multimodal Excitement Features, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, (to be published).
- Hoang-An Le, Khoi-Nguyen C. Mac, Truong-An Pham, Vinh-Tiep Nguyen, Minh-Triet Tran, Multimodal smart interactive presentation system, International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, pp. 67-76, Berlin, Heidelberg, July 2013.
- Hoang-An Le, Khoi-Nguyen C. Mac, Truong-An Pham, Minh-Triet Tran, Realtime pointing gesture recognition and applications in multi-user interaction, Asian Conference on Intelligent Information and Database Systems, pp. 355-364, Berlin, Heidelberg, March 2013.
- Hoang-An Le, Khoi-Nguyen C. Mac, Truong-An Pham, Vinh-Tiep Nguyen, Minh-Tiet Tran, Anh-Duc Duong, SIM-smart interactive map with pointing gestures, Intelligent Human-Machine Systems and Cybernetics (IHMSC), pp. 344-349, August 2012.
- Michele Merler, Dhiraj Joshi, Khoi-Nguyen C. Mac, Quoc-Bao Nguyen, John Kent, Stephen Hammer, Jinjun Xiong, Minh N. Do, John R. Smith, Rogerio S. Feris, The Excitement of Sports: Automatic Highlights Using Audio/Visual Cues, The IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) Workshops, pp. 2520-2523, August 2018.
- I Pratikakis, MA Savelonas, F Arnaoutoglou, G Ioannakis, A Koutsoudis, T Theoharis, MT Tran, VT Nguyen, VK Pham, HD Nguyen, HA Le, BH Tran, QH To, MB Truong, TV Phan, MD Nguyen, TA Than, KNC Mac, MN Do, AD Duong, T Furuya, R Ohbuchi, M Aono, S Tashiro, D Pickup, X Sun, PL Rosin, RR Martin, Partial shape queries for 3d object retrieval, Proceedings of the Eurographics 2016 Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval, pp. 79-88, May 2016.
- August 2017: Our auto-curation of tennis highlights is deployed for US Open tournament 2017. [Official Highlights] [Demo] [IBM's] [Newyork Times'] [SportTechie's]
- July 2017: Our auto-curation of tennis highlights is deployed for Wimbledon tournament 2017. [Official Highlights] [Demo] [IBM's] [CNET's] [FoxNews']